SEO Techniques For Blog Post Optimization (Infographic)
Neil Patel published an Ultimate SEO Checklist for blogging back in January that made us all jealous. I mean, who can top “Ultimate”?
So we decided to take all of his awesome blog post optimization techniques, sprinkle in some important blog post SEO best practices from MOZ and Search Engine Journal and turn them into an infographic/mindmap.
Want this infographic on your site? Just copy and paste this code:
Before You Hit Publish;
SEO Techniques For Blog Posts Optimization
What good is content if no one is going to read it? Before you hit publish on your next blog post, make sure you’ve implemented these SEO techniques to optimize your post and make it visible to search engines, and thus, your readers!
- Use relevant, top-performing keywords that people search for in your blog posts
- Include these keywords in the title of your blog and in the headings
- Use a keyword within the first 100 words of your blog
- Use synonyms and similar keywords that relate to your main keywords within your post
- 93% of people start their web experience using a search engine
- Cross linking to relevant internal pages spreads authority across your site
- Don’t stuff anchor text with too many keywords
- Do link to relevant external web pages
- As you add new blog posts, add links from your old posts to your new posts
- Keep your content unique – don’t copy and paste content from other sites
- Focus on quality – make sure you are writing for humans and not search engines
- Don’t skimp on the length! Posts should be at least 500 words long
- Keep your URLs short
- Use relevant keywords in your URLs, but don’t over-saturate with keywords either
- Use relevant keywords in your image file names
- Add an “alt” tag description for each image
- Keep the file size of your images as small as possible