Jobs at TopHatRank
SEO Account Manager
Must be able to conduct in-depth technical SEO audits and have experience as an SEO account manager.
The Markup of a Lead SEO Account Manager at TopHatRank
Advanced SEO knowledge and effective client communication, management and customer service skills. An SEO Account Manager at TopHatRank needs to ensure that all projects and deliverables for their book of business are executed efficiently and timely, providing individual attention to each account/client.
They do not repeat the same tasks day-to-day, but create innovative solutions and develop SEO strategy ideas to excel their clients, constantly revolutionizing their process.
The right candidate will have:
- Strong verbal and written communicator (this will be tested and is an extremely important trait)
- Advanced Technical SEO Knowledge (this will be tested and is extremely important)
- Able to communicate complex SEO knowledge about how the algorithm works and why your strategies will be effective to clients in a way that they will easily understand
- Have great time-management skills
Since this is a remote position, you must be able to communicate effectively with the team.
Your Workload Will Include:
- Act as the Account Manager and point of contact in the flow of work between client(s) and the rest of the team for deliverables.
- Find opportunities for the organic growth of your accounts as the organic search landscape evolves, including creating and executing custom ongoing SEO strategies for clients.
- Perform SEO tasks such as technical SEO audits, analytics audits, keyword research, competitive analysis and much more.
- Ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met in a timely manner, as well as client and internal expectations are proactively communicated and accomplished within budget.
- Digest, challenge, and knowledgeably communicate channel performance and analysis. This includes analyzing data and strategy performance with monthly client reporting.
- Adopt and continue to refine account management standards and best practices.
You Are Required to Have:
5+ years of SEO experience. Must demonstrate success in a previous SEO role. Must demonstrate advanced technical SEO knowledge. If you cannot explain what a canonical tag is or don’t know the difference between a 301, 302, 307, or 410 status code and if/when each should be used, you need not apply.
- Proficiency in Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Sitebulb, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other data-oriented platforms
- Knowledge of SEO, how Google’s algorithm works, and major factors that drive long-term success
- Intermediate understanding of HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity, yet knows when to ask for help when needed
- Ability to draw insight from raw information and data
- The willingness to travel as needed. Travel requirement varies 5-10%.
The 411 on TopHatRank
TopHatRank is an award-winning agency based in Los Angeles, California. The team has successfully won several SEO awards based on their client campaigns and organic SEO efforts.
Specializing in E-Commerce SEO, SEO Audits, and fully managed SEO campaigns, our clients range from medium to enterprise level companies such as The Walking Dead, Ties.com, Hint Water, and Mealthy.
At TopHatRank, we truly believe in providing a fun, positive atmosphere where both employees and the client’s of TopHatRank can grow and thrive. We’re a close-knit group who support each other in leveling up and providing the best value to our clients.
THE MONEY – Compensation and Benefits
This role is full-time with the opportunity for long term growth. Competitive salary range $50-70k annually is determined based on experience and skill level.
Benefits are available and some of which include:
- Education and courses
- Quarterly goal initiatives (bonus incentives)
- Quarterly and annual bonuses
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule